- Team Management during testing, qualifying and racing
- One-to-One on-track driver coaching
- Out of car driver development briefing and counselling
- Race car testing and set-up
Timecheck Consulting offers both race-day team managem
ent services and driver development coaching. Many small motor sports teams have found their first experience of a major National or International event daunting. The concept of the strategy of endurance racing with the correct time to make pit stops, target lap times and driver changeover can be particularly difficult to master, even for some experienced teams.
Timecheck Consulting can provide an experienced team manager to brief the team before the event starts, to control practice and qualifying sessions, right through to race day "pit wall" support including qualifying and race strategy. This service is available on a global basis for both sprint and endurance races.
In addition, Timecheck Consulting has access to experienced race engineers to help optimise a cars performance for both sprint and endurance racing - either in terms of pit support or pre-event testing, including track testing and set-up.
In terms of driver development, we can call on experienced and successful racing drivers who can give one-to-one driver coaching at all levels from novice through to drivers with an International licence who need impartial advice and coaching to achieve their optimum performance.
Success in motor sport is not just a matter of having the aptitude to drive quickly ? the correct psychological approach is also important and here, too, Timecheck Consulting can assist with "out of car" briefing and counselling.
Team Management experience includes Saloon Car, Formula Three, Group C, International Historic Sports car and Historic Formula One events. General team experience also includes Formula One, CART and the Le Mans 24 Hour Race.
As a race driver some 80% of events have seen top three class or overall placings, of which over half have been in first place. In International Historic Rallying (as a driver and co-driver) 40% of his events have resulted in Class Victories.
Personal coaching services have been provided to more than twenty drivers, including future (and past!) Formula One drivers.
One-to-one driver training is provided by Timecheck staff who have major International race driving experience and success.
Timecheck Consulting principal, Tim Colman, has been involved in International Motor Sport for more than thirty years, as a timekeeper, driver, team manager and Director of a major racing car manufacturer. Experience as team manager includes events in Britain, mainland Europe and USA. More that half the events at which he has acted as Team Manager have seen class or outright victories.
Major experience includes:
- Team manager Chevron works Group C team
- Team manager (Class win) Redline racing, Sebring 2004
- Class Winner as driver in three Historic Saloon Car championships
- Class Winner, Spa, 2000
- Current lap record holder at circuits in France and Great Britain
- Advisor to leading CART team
- Team manager for Historic Formula One racing team
- Driver coaching / management for three former/future Grand Prix drivers
- Class victories in four International Historic Endurance rallies (out of nine entries)
- Team manager for ART Formula Three team.